ABOUT BERNEDOODLES BY CHARLIE
We have researched different breeds of dogs and we were looking to breed a healthy, hypoallerginic low-to non-shedding dog which would be easy to train like Molly.
We found out about Sherry Rupke who began breeding dogs at the age of 15. She is a certified veterinary technician who set a goal of producing healthy happy hybrids that would suit any family. She was the first breeder to deliberately cross Bernese Mountain Dogs, which are originally from the Swiss Alps, and Poodles. She loved everything about the Bernese except for the short lived breeds genetic propensity for cancer. Plus it sheds and it can be a little stubborn. Rupke decided to add poodle to the hybrid equation to create an intelligent, healthy, and low-to non-shedding dog. Over the past decade she’s built her Bernedoodle program with care.
After reading her book we wanted to obtain 2 high quality puppies to train ourselves and begin to raise our Bernedoodles because so many people have inquired about our Molly wanting a good dog that was easy to train that would be a sweet addition to their family and one that would love to snuggle and cuddle.
So, since we are both now retired we now have the time to breed and train these sweet puppies and offer them to a family who desires to have a cuddly, snuggly teddy bear as a family member.
We love the fact that the Bernes are quiet, exceptionally smart, low-to no -shedding, laid back, happy and hopefully the best dog that you will ever have as a member of your family.
Our one and only goal is to provide friends and family members and those that truly have a love for dogs with a bernedoodle. We have established the following requirements to keep the possibility of transmitting any disease to the newborn pups as well as a few other informational items.
1. We do not allow kennel visits. We are however happy to face time or video chat so that you can see us and see the pups.
2. The pups will have their vet visit at 6 weeks and will get all the vaccinations etc. at that time. The pups will then be ready for their new home at 8 weeks.
3. We do not ship our pups. In person pickup is required or we are able to deliver or meet you half way depending on the distance. There is a delivery fee and balance of payment must be made at that time or before.
4. On occasion a pup will be born with back dew claws. If you want them removed your vet can take care of that when he/she has their spay/neuter appointment. That will keep them from having to be put to sleep twice.
5. We DO NOT SELL BREEDING RIGHTS. All pups must be spayed/neutered usually at 1 year, or at the advice of your vet, and proof of such provided to us by the vet either through email or U.S. Mail.
6. Prior to making a deposit request to review the sales contract.
- 50% Standard Poodle – 50% Bernese Mountain Dog = F1
- F1b = 1st Generation back bred to a poodle.
- F2 = 2nd Generation aka Teddy Bear Bernedoodles.
- Bernedoodles come in many colors
- Tri-color Bernedoodles are considered the most desirable
- Bernedoodles usually live considerably longer than purebred Bernese Mountain Dogs
- Bernedoodles are usually low-to-non shedding
- Bernedoodles are usually hypoallergenic
- Bernedoodles don’t drool
- Compared to Labradoodles, Bernedoodles are usually calmer
- Bernedoodles are usually excellent with kids.
- Bernedoodles have hybrid vigor working in their favor.
- Hybrid Vigor comes from crossing two diverse gene pools (Poodle + Bernese). Often the doodle puppy (Bernese/Poodle) has considerably fewer health issues than either parent breed would have. As humans we never marry close relatives for similar reasons.
BERNEDOODLES BY CHARLIE
We Are Now Accepting Reservations For Tui's Pups born NOVEMBER 1, 2021. They will be ready for their new home Christmas. Make your reservation now, there are only a few remaining eligible for adoption.
Contact us for pictures.
Contact Us For Details
Phone & Email